It is possible to manage the metadata of your touchpoints at any time. This feature allows you to easily specify which metadata is mandatory when uploading respondents.
If a specified type of mandatory metadata is missing during an upload, it will not succeed. This feature makes sure that all your uploads contain the mandatory metadata you need.
IN THIS ARTICLE
1. Mandatory metadata
To be able to upload respondents to your touchpoint, certain data types are mandatory and are, therefore, not classified as metadata.
These data types are:
- Email Address data
- Language data
- First Name data
- Last Name data
First and Last names are only mandatory if you use them as variables.For an in-depth guide on variables, please read our article on Using metadata to personalise your surveys.
2. Metadata types
What is metadata?
Metadata is data that describes other data.
In the context of Hello Customer, metadata is data that describes your respondents.
Some examples are:
- store name
- date of purchase
- ticket number
There are three types of metadata:
- Contextual data = describes the context of the interaction between a customer and a company.
- In what city/country did the customer buy an article
- Was there a discount on the articles or not
- Transactional data = provides information on the actual interaction with your company.
- Total amount spend
- Number of items purchased
- Purchase date
- Customer data = describes the specific characteristics of your respondents.
- Loyalty card number
3. Adding metadata
To add a new metadata key, click on Add New.
- Choose a name that is identical to a column of your respondent Excel file. Note that the metadata will be displayed in an alphabetical order in the app and in the reports sent by email.
- Choose the category of your metadata key.
- Define the type of of your metadata key.
- Indicate of the new metadata key is mandatory (does it have to be present in every upload?).
- Indicate if the metadata key should (not) be visible as a filter on the analysis and conversation pages.
4. Managing metadata
If you have already uploaded a respondent excel file that included metadata in the past, you will see a list of these metadata keys.
Once you are done, click save in the top right corner
If you change the name of the metadata key here, you must make sure to also adjust the name of the column in the respondent Excel file(s) that are being uploaded to Hello Customer.
Keep in mind that the name of the key in our system and the name of the column of the respondent Excel file(s) must be identical.